When choosing a paint protection film (PPF) for your vehicle, the two primary options are Matte PPF and Gloss PPF. While Matte PPF offers a sleek, non-reflective finish, Gloss PPF provides a vibrant, polished look. Both serve to shield your car’s paint, but the best choice depends on your aesthetic preference and vehicle type.
As an authorized installer for XPEL, Universal Tint Pros provides the best paint protection film options on the market. In this article, we’ll explore the differences between Matte PPF and Gloss PPF, helping you choose the ideal paint protection film for your vehicle.
Understanding Paint Protection Film (PPF)
Paint protection film is a transparent and self-healing film that safeguards your vehicle’s paint from external damage. It acts as a shield against chips, scratches, and other types of wear and tear.
Who is XPEL?
XPEL is a leading manufacturer of paint protection film and automotive aftermarket products, renowned for their innovative solutions and commitment to quality. With a focus on protecting and enhancing the appearance of vehicles, XPEL has earned a reputation for providing industry-leading paint protection film options.
As an authorized XPEL installer, Universal Tint Pros is proud to offer their customers the best-in-class products. From XPE’s self-healing technology to their durability and exceptional finish options, XPEL sets the standard for paint protection film in the automotive industry.
Comparing Matte PPF and Gloss PPF
1. Matte PPF (XPEL STEALTH™):
Matte PPF, also known as STEALTH™, provides a sleek and understated finish for your vehicle.
- Matte finish: Matte PPF offers a non-reflective, satin-like finish that gives your vehicle a subtle and sophisticated appearance. The lack of gloss reduces glare and creates a smooth, understated look.
- Easy maintenance: Matte PPF requires less effort to clean and maintain compared to its gloss counterpart. The matte surface is less prone to showing fingerprints, water spots, and dust, making it easier to keep your vehicle looking its best.
- Self-healing properties: Like all XPEL PPFs, Matte PPF is equipped with self-healing technology. This means that minor scratches and swirl marks on the film will disappear over time as the film reacts to heat.
- Suitable for various vehicle types: Matte PPF is particularly well-suited for luxury vehicles, sports cars, and darker-colored cars. It adds a touch of elegance and sophistication without overpowering the vehicle’s design.
2. Gloss PPF (XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS™):
Gloss PPF, known as ULTIMATE PLUS™, offers a glossy and polished finish.
- Glossy finish: Gloss PPF provides a vibrant and reflective appearance, enhancing the vehicle’s shine and depth of color. It creates a showroom-like finish that makes your vehicle stand out on the road.
- Heat-activated self-healing topcoat: ULTIMATE PLUS™ is equipped with a heat-activated self-healing topcoat that ensures superior protection against scratches, swirl marks, and other minor damages. The film’s topcoat reacts to heat, allowing it to repair itself and maintain a flawless appearance.
- Non-yellowing, discoloration, and stain-resistant properties: Gloss PPF is engineered to resist yellowing, discoloration, and stains, ensuring long-lasting clarity and durability. This ensures that your vehicle maintains its glossy and pristine appearance over time.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Between Matte PPF and Gloss PPF:
- Vehicle Type and Style:
Consider how the PPF finish will compliment your vehicle’s design and overall aesthetic.
- Personal Preference:
Choosing between matte and glossy finishes is largely a matter of personal preference. Some individuals prefer the sleek and subtle appearance of Matte PPF (STEALTH™), while others appreciate the vibrant and reflective look of Gloss PPF (ULTIMATE PLUS™).
- Lifestyle and Usage:
Your lifestyle and vehicle usage can also influence your choice of PPF finish. Consider factors such as maintenance requirements, visibility (especially at night or in bright sunlight), and potential resale value.
PPF Installation Packages at Universal Tint Pros:
Universal Tint Pros offers various PPF installation options to cater to different needs. These options include:
Partial Front Clear Bra:
- Partial Hood
- Partial Fenders
- Full Front Bumper
Full Front Clear Bra:
- Full Hood
- Full Fenders
- Full Front Bumper
- Mirror Backs
Full Clear Bra:
- Covers all painted areas of the vehicle
Universal Tint Pros prides itself on delivering exceptional quality and guarantees a hassle-free installation experience. We stand by our work, ensuring no bubbling, peeling, cracking, or color change in our the installations.
Personalize Your Vehicle Protection With Universal Tint Pros
When it comes to choosing between Matte PPF and Gloss PPF, there is no definitive answer. It ultimately depends on your personal preference, vehicle type, and desired appearance. Both options offer exceptional protection and can enhance the look of your vehicle. Visit Universal Tint Pros in Pensacola, FL, to explore the various paint protection film options and consult with our experts.
Contact Universal Tint Pros today to learn more about our paint protection services.